Friday, November 17, 2006

Saw Dr.

Good news! I saw Dr. DeP yesterday. I can drive, exercise moderately and resume most of my activities. Relief! He, also, said that I might only have to have 6 chemo treatments. I asked if the chemo would get stronger, and he said no. If this is all chemo has, I can take it! My blood counts are good.

I complained that cancer was depressing. He assured me it was situational and asked what thing I missed the most. I said the children, work! He did not declare me insane for missing my job. He said, I still can not be around children who could be sick. He did suggest I try to get out a bit, but try to avoid germs and sick people. He suggested I try to do more things that I enjoy. I certainly can do that; beading, sewing, cooking and playing with my friends and family.

I am also the proud owner of 2 blue bottles on milk of magnesia. I can remember grandmothers having this sitting by the sink or displayed in the bathroom. Yes, I eagerly embraced this laxative. The good news is, it works. Amen. If you do not remember the grandparents blue bottles, perhaps you remember metal ice trays? What an event that was to get an ice cube! My sisters and I reminiscensed about these torturous tryas when I was in the hospital. Your hand would stick to the bottom of the tray, you had to run them under water and the ice would melt, or worse, it would fall into the dirty sink or the floor. Yes, if you could conquer getting ice, you were prepared to take on the neighborhood. Our poor icetrays were so beat up! I think mom employed a hammer to get her ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home