Saturday, October 28, 2006

home sweet home Thank You

Wow! My life has completely changed. From bicycling Labor Day weekend to having a major surgery and a stage 3 cancer diagnosis within a month, now that can bring you to your knees. I have been so blessed through all of this with a devoted husband,family and friends. From the moment I was diagnosed, I was supported and guided. My family dr and gyno helped with referrals. The best tip I got was from my nephew, Dr. Ed Meier. He said to go to UK Hospital, The Markey Cancer Center and see a Dr. De Priest. He said, they are the best. My sister Rose Ann researched it and UK and Ohio State are in the top three hospitals for treating Ovarian Cancer. My brother in law Kurt was able to get me into the clinic. It will be hard for you to get me to stop singing the praises of the Markey Cancer Center and Dr. De Priest.

Right now though, I would like to thank everyone who has cared for me. My sister Rose Ann and Ray have been tireless in my care. They slept at the hospital and have supported my every step, literally. My sisters Caroline and Mary Frances also came to my aid. We had such a neat sister day at the hospital. Caroline was fresh from her own knee sugery and Mary F flew all the way from San Jose. Kurt and brother Bob, thank you for supporting and helping to guide my care. My daughter Michelle came from Portland and did home care. I was completely overwhelmed with flowers and cards,and still am overwhelmed. Thank you friends. The education community has been especially kind in their prayers and cards. You know what, it really helps to hear from you. Knowing that you care and are praying for me, gives me the courage to fight this wretched disease.

Thank you to all of the wonderful cooks, who have so kindly fed me and kept me company (Ken, Cindy, Rosie, Caroline, Rose Ann and Marianne).

I love you all and am very grateful to you. I will beat this disease!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home