Monday, September 17, 2007

Medical Plan

Well, tomorrow I have brachytherapy to a tumor in my pelvis. This is radiation. I will have that again next week. Dr. Kudimoti had invited me back for 30 days of radiation after the completion of the other medical interventions. I am continuing on the Carboplatin and Taxol. There is plans for a surgery as soon as the chemo makes some real progress. I will have 2 surgeons: Dr. DePreist and Dr. McGrath. Dr. DeP. gets the pelvic area and Dr. McG gets the liver. There are plans to use radio frequency ablation on the liver. That is the use of microwaves. The other good news we got was that the drug Avastin has been approved to fight ovarian cancer and has had some success. We will be using that drug too. So, anyway, I think we have cancer on the ropes and it soon should be abliterated. I am looking forward to having all of this behind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home